As a true freshman at BYU he averaged 5.8 points and 5.1 rebounds, including 15 rebounds vs. Florida in the NCAA tournament.
Following his LDS mission he was named a team captain and averaged 14.0 points, 8.1 rebounds, 4.6 assists, and 1.7 steals. He was named to the All-WCC team and ranked 83rd nationally in assists per game, 89th in assists, and 86th in rebounds—one of only four players in the country to be ranked in the top 100 in assists and steals and the only to be ranked top 100 in three categories. Underwent ALC surgery after sophomore season.
As a junior he had a breakout season averaging 13.8 points, 8.7 rebounds, 6.0 assists, and 1.8 steals in 30.9 minutes per game. He had an NCAA single season record of six triple doubles which also tied the career record. He was also the only player in the NCAA ranked in the top 100 in rebounds (42nd), assists (16th) and steals (71st). He was named to the All-WCC first team, the WCC All-Tournament team, the Lute Olson All-America team, and was an AP Honorable mention All-American.
BYU Game Stats (*From BYUcougars.com)
He played High School basketball at Provo High where he was part of two 4A title winning teams. He was named Deseret News Mr. Basketball, SL Tribune male athlete of the year, Utah Gatorade Player of the Year, and all-state first team member (three times). He averaged 23.7 points, 10.0 rebounds, 7.8 assists, and 3.4 steals (with 5 triple doubles) as a senior. Was recruited by Kansas, Oklahoma State, Arizona State, Utah, Marquette, Virginia, Stanford, and USC. Served an LDS mission in Russia.
|Hometown:||Provo, UT||High School||Provo High School|
|Last Team:||Provo HS||AAU Team:||Utah Pump ‘N Run Red|
|Position:||Guard||HT/WT:||6’6”, 210 lbs.|
|Profiles:||BYU Profile, MaxPreps Profile||Social Media||Facebook, Twitter (@bigrussia5)|
|Nat’l Rank:||Nat’l: 134, Pos. 27||Class:||Junior|
|Offers: BYU, Arizona State, Stanford, USC, Virginia|
High School Game Stats (*From DesNews)
- BYU basketball: Kyle Collinsworth returns from his mission as determined as ever – Aaron Morton, Deseret News, July 23, 2013
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth not ruling out leaving early – Jay Drew, The Salt Lake Tribune, July 30, 2014
- BYU basketball lands prized recruit – Jim Rayburn, Deseret News, October 1, 2009
- BYU guard Kyle Collinsworth shows signs of returning to pre-injury form – Brandon Gurney, November 18, 2014
- BYU’s Kyle Collinsworth to miss remainder of season with torn ACL – Raphielle Johnson, NBC Sports, March 12, 2014