The BYU Football pro tracker gives you week-by-week summaries and statistics for all BYU alumni currently playing professional football.
Not much to report this week as only one Cougar–Daniel Sorensen for Kansas City–was in action over Wild-Card weekend. Sorensen recorded no stats against Houston but will be back in action as Kansas City faces off against the Patriots in this weekend’s divisional matchup. Meanwhile Alani Fua and the Arizona Cardinals will get back into action in their divisional matchup against the Green Bay Packers. 2015 regular season cumulative statistics for former Cougars are outlined below.
Stat Lines (alphabetical)
- Ziggy Ansah (DE, Detroit Lions, 3rd season). Season Stats (16 games): 47 tackles (39 solo, 8 assists), 14.5 sacks, 4 FF, 2 FR, 1 PD, 4 TFL.
- Rob Daniel (CB, Green Bay Packers, rookie season). Played in two pre-season games, recording one tackle, but then was relegated to the practice squad during the regular season. Promoted to the active roster for the playoffs on January 15th after TE Andrew Quarless was placed on the injured reserve.
- John Denney (LS, Miami Dolphins, 11th season). Played in all games in special teams as long snapper.
- Alani Fua (LB, Arizona Cardinals, UDFA rookie). The Cardinals will face Green Bay on January 16th. Season Stats (17 games): 5 solo tackles, two assisted tackles, one fumble recovery.
- Dennis Pitta (TE, Baltimore Ravens, 6th season). Pitta spent the entire season on the injured list (hip).
- Dallas Reynolds (G, New York Giants, 4th season). Reynolds played in all games and started one.
- Daniel Sorensen (DB, Kansas City Chiefs, 2nd season). Kansas City defeated Houston 30-0 in the AFC wild-card game. Sorensen played 3 defensive snaps (5%) and 17 special teams snaps (74%) but recorded no statistics. Kansas City will face New England on January 16th. Season stats (16 games): 20 solo tackles, three assisted tackles, 2 pass deflections, 1 sack, 1 blocked kick.
- Uani (Devin) Unga (LB, New York Giants, 2nd season). Season stats (11 games): 59 tackles (42 Solo, 17 Assisted), 2 TFL (STF), 4 PD, 2 FF, 2 INT.
- Kyle Van Noy (LB, Detroit Lions, 2nd season). Season stats (15 games): 8 solo tackles, 2 assisted tackles, one sack, one TFL
- De’Ondre Wesley (OT, Baltimore Ravens, rookie season). Welsey played in seven total games this season after getting called up from the practice squad.
Players on NFL practice squads
- Craig Bills (S, Philadelphia Eagles, rookie season). Signed to the practice squad on December 14th but dropped later that week as he failed the physical.
- Hebron Fangupo (DL, 3rd season). Started the season on the Kansas City Chief’s practice squad but was cut on November 18th.
- Paul Lasike (RB, Chicago Bears, rookie season).
Players in the Canadian Football League (CFL) – Season has now concluded
- John Beck (QB, BC Lions, 2nd season). The Lions season has concluded and Beck has announced he will retire from playing football. Season stats: 50-79 (.633) passing for 498 yards, four TDs, and four INTs. 3 carries for 32 yards. QB rating of 76.9.
- Austin Collie (WR, BC Lions, 1st season). Season stats: 43 receptions for 439 yards (10.2 ave.) and seven TDs; 1-1 passing for 21 yards and one touchdown; one tackle.
- Cody Hoffman (WR, Montreal Alouettes, 1st season). The Alouettes season has concluded. Season stats: six receptions for 104 yards (17.3 ave.) and one TD.
- Quinn Lawlor (OL, Montreal Alouettes, 1st season).