The BYU Football pro tracker gives you week-by-week summaries and statistics for all BYU alumni currently playing professional football.
Of note this week: Ziggy Ansah had five tackles and Daniel Sorensen had his first career blocked field goal. Aside from that it was a pretty quiet week for BYU alums. All NFL Week 16 and 2015 cumulative statistics for former Cougars are outlined below.
Stat Lines (alphabetical)
- Ziggy Ansah (DE, Detroit Lions, 3rd season). Ziggy had four solo tackles and one assisted tackle in Detroit’s victory over the 49ers. He played 41 defensive snaps (66%) and four snaps on special teams (14%). He fell to third in the NFL with 13.5 total sacks this season. Season Stats (15 games): 44 tackles (36 solo, 8 assists), 13.5 sacks, 4 FF, 1 FR, 4 TFL.
- John Denney (LS, Miami Dolphins, 11th season). Denney recorded no stats but had 5 snaps (22%) on special teams as the deep snapper in Miami’s loss to the Colts.
- Alani Fua (LB, Arizona Cardinals, UDFA rookie). Fua recorded no statistics in Arizona’s win over Green Bay. He played three snaps on defense (4%) and 20 on special teams (77%). Season Stats (15 games): 5 solo tackles, two assisted tackles, one fumble recovery.
- Dennis Pitta (TE, Baltimore Ravens, 6th season). Pitta is currently on the injured list (hip).
- Dallas Reynolds (G, New York Giants, 4th season). Reynolds played 14 snaps (37%) for special teams in New York’s loss to Minnesota.
- Daniel Sorensen (DB, Kansas City Chiefs, 2nd season). Sorensen had two solo tackles and a blocked field goal in Kansas City’s win over the Browns. He played 20 defensive snaps (29%) and 20 special teams snaps (87%). Season stats (15 games): 19 solo tackles, two assisted tackles, 2 pass deflections, 1 sack, 1 blocked kick.
- Uani (Devin) Unga (LB, New York Giants, 2nd season). Uani recorded no stats in New York’s loss to Minnesota. He played just 1 defensive snap (1%) and 22 special teams snaps (58%). Season stats (11 games): 59 tackles (42 Solo, 17 Assisted), 2 TFL (STF), 4 PD, 2 FF, 2 INT.
- Kyle Van Noy (LB, Detroit Lions, 2nd season). Van Noy recorded no statistics in Detroit’s victory over the 49ers. He played 10 defensive snaps (16%) and 17 special teams snaps (61%). Season stats (14 games): 7 solo tackles, 2 assisted tackles, one sack, one TFL
- De’Ondre Wesley (OT, Baltimore Ravens, rookie season). Wesley played four special teams snaps (16%) in the Raven’s victory over the Steelers.
Players on NFL practice squads
- Craig Bills (S, Philadelphia Eagles, rookie season). Signed to the practice squad on December 14th but dropped later that week as he failed the physical.
- Hebron Fangupo (DL, 3rd season). Started the season on the Kansas City Chief’s practice squad but was cut on November 18th.
- Rob Daniel (CB, Green Bay Packers, rookie season).
- Paul Lasike (RB, Chicago Bears, rookie season).
Players in the Canadian Football League (CFL) – Season has now concluded
- John Beck (QB, BC Lions, 2nd season). The Lions season has concluded and Beck has announced he will retire from playing football. Season stats: 50-79 (.633) passing for 498 yards, four TDs, and four INTs. 3 carries for 32 yards. QB rating of 76.9.
- Austin Collie (WR, BC Lions, 1st season). Season stats: 43 receptions for 439 yards (10.2 ave.) and seven TDs; 1-1 passing for 21 yards and one touchdown; one tackle.
- Cody Hoffman (WR, Montreal Alouettes, 1st season). The Alouettes season has concluded. Season stats: six receptions for 104 yards (17.3 ave.) and one TD.
- Quinn Lawlor (OL, Montreal Alouettes, 1st season).