The BYU Football pro tracker gives you week-by-week summaries and statistics for all BYU alumni currently playing professional football.
Daniel Sorensen recorded a tackle in Kansas City’s loss to the Patriots in the AFC divisional game and although he didn’t play in the NFC division game, Robertson Daniel was promoted from the practice squad to the active roster for the Green Bay Packers. Also playing in that game was Alani Fua (recorded no statistics), whose Cardinals will face the Carolina Panthers in the NFC championship game next week. Playoff summaries and 2015 regular season cumulative statistics for former Cougars are outlined below.
- Robertson Daniel (CB, Green Bay Packers, rookie season). The Green Bay Packers season ended after they were defeated by the Arizona Cardinals 26-20 in the NFC divisional round. Daniel was on the active roster but did not play in the game. Season Stats (1 game): no statistics; Played in two pre-season games, recording one tackle, but then was relegated to the practice squad during the regular season. Promoted to the active roster for the playoffs on January 15th after TE Andrew Quarless was placed on the injured reserve.
- Alani Fua (LB, Arizona Cardinals, UDFA rookie). The Cardinals defeated the Green Day Packers 26-20 to advance to the NFC championship game where they will face the Carolina Panthers. Fua recorded no stats against the Packers but played 17 snaps on special teams (68%). Season Stats (18 games): 5 solo tackles, two assisted tackles, one fumble recovery.
- Daniel Sorensen (DB, Kansas City Chiefs, 2nd season). Kansas City fell to the New England Patriots 27-20 in the AFC divisional game to see their season come to a close. Sorensen had one assisted tackle and played 4 defensive snaps (7%) and 24 special teams snaps (86%) Season stats (17 games): 20 solo tackles, four assisted tackles, 2 pass deflections, 1 sack, 1 blocked kick.
Stat Lines (alphabetical)
- Ziggy Ansah (DE, Detroit Lions, 3rd season). Season Stats (16 games): 47 tackles (39 solo, 8 assists), 14.5 sacks, 4 FF, 2 FR, 1 PD, 4 TFL.
- John Denney (LS, Miami Dolphins, 11th season). Played in all games in special teams as long snapper.
- Dennis Pitta (TE, Baltimore Ravens, 6th season). Pitta spent the entire season on the injured list (hip).
- Dallas Reynolds (G, New York Giants, 4th season). Reynolds played in all games and started one.
- Uani (Devin) Unga (LB, New York Giants, 2nd season). Season stats (11 games): 59 tackles (42 Solo, 17 Assisted), 2 TFL (STF), 4 PD, 2 FF, 2 INT.
- Kyle Van Noy (LB, Detroit Lions, 2nd season). Season stats (15 games): 8 solo tackles, 2 assisted tackles, one sack, one TFL
- De’Ondre Wesley (OT, Baltimore Ravens, rookie season). Welsey played in seven total games this season after getting called up from the practice squad.
Players on NFL practice squads
- Craig Bills (S, Philadelphia Eagles, rookie season). Signed to the practice squad on December 14th but dropped later that week as he failed the physical.
- Hebron Fangupo (DL, 3rd season). Started the season on the Kansas City Chief’s practice squad but was cut on November 18th.
- Paul Lasike (RB, Chicago Bears, rookie season).
Players in the Canadian Football League (CFL) – Season has now concluded
- John Beck (QB, BC Lions, 2nd season). The Lions season has concluded and Beck has announced he will retire from playing football. Season stats: 50-79 (.633) passing for 498 yards, four TDs, and four INTs. 3 carries for 32 yards. QB rating of 76.9.
- Austin Collie (WR, BC Lions, 1st season). Season stats: 43 receptions for 439 yards (10.2 ave.) and seven TDs; 1-1 passing for 21 yards and one touchdown; one tackle.
- Cody Hoffman (WR, Montreal Alouettes, 1st season). The Alouettes season has concluded. Season stats: six receptions for 104 yards (17.3 ave.) and one TD.
- Quinn Lawlor (OL, Montreal Alouettes, 1st season).