The BYU Football pro tracker gives you week-by-week summaries and statistics for all BYU alumni currently playing professional football.
Of note this week: Ziggy Ansah was named to the Pro Bowl while Craig Bills was cut from the Philadelphia practice squad. Daniel Sorensen and Uani Unga each had three solo tackles. All NFL Week 15 and 2015 cumulative statistics for former Cougars are outlined below.
Stat Lines (alphabetical)
- Ziggy Ansah (DE, Detroit Lions, 3rd season). Ziggy had a solo tackle and an assisted tackle in Detroit’s Monday night victory over the Saints. He played 47 defensive snaps (61%) and two snaps on special teams (7%). He is maintained his tie with J.J. Watt for #2 in the NFL with 13.5 total sacks this season. It was announced today that he Ziggy will play in the Pro Bowl this year. Season Stats (14 games): 39 tackles (32 solo, 7 assists), 13.5 sacks, 4 FF, 1 FR, 4 TFL.
- John Denney (LS, Miami Dolphins, 11th season). Denney recorded no stats but had 10 snaps (34%) as the deep snapper in Miami’s loss to the Chargers.
- Alani Fua (LB, Arizona Cardinals, UDFA rookie). Fua recorded no statistics in Arizona’s win over the Eagles. He played 19 special teams snaps (66%). Season Stats (14 games): 5 solo tackles, two assisted tackles, one fumble recovery.
- Dennis Pitta (TE, Baltimore Ravens, 6th season). Pitta is currently on the injured list (hip).
- Dallas Reynolds (G, New York Giants, 4th season). Reynolds played 11 snaps (29%) for special teams in New York’s loss to Carolina.
- Daniel Sorensen (DB, Kansas City Chiefs, 2nd season). Sorensen had three solo tackles in Kansas City’s win over the Ravens. He played 35 defensive snaps (51%) and 23 special teams snaps (79%). Season stats (14 games): 17 solo tackles, two assisted tackles, 1 pass deflection, 1 sack.
- Uani (Devin) Unga (LB, New York Giants, 2nd season). Uani had three solo tackles and two assisted tackles in New York’s loss to Carolina. He played 31 defensive snaps (40%) and 13 special teams snaps (34%). Season stats (10 games): 59 tackles (42 Solo, 17 Assisted), 2 TFL (STF), 4 PD, 2 FF, 2 INT.
- Kyle Van Noy (LB, Detroit Lions, 2nd season). Van Noy had one solo tackle in Detroit’s victory over the Saints. He played 11 defensive snaps (14%) and 19 special teams snaps (63%). Season stats (13 games): 7 solo tackles, 2 assisted tackles, one sack, one TFL
- De’Ondre Wesley (OT, Baltimore Ravens, rookie season). Wesley played two special teams snaps (8%) in the Raven’s loss to the Chiefs.
Players on NFL practice squads
- Craig Bills (S, Philadelphia Eagles, rookie season). Signed to the practice squad on December 14th but dropped later that week as he failed the physical.
- Hebron Fangupo (DL, 3rd season). Started the season on the Kansas City Chief’s practice squad but was cut on November 18th.
- Rob Daniel (CB, Green Bay Packers, rookie season).
- Paul Lasike (RB, Chicago Bears, rookie season).
Players in the Canadian Football League (CFL) – Season has now concluded
- John Beck (QB, BC Lions, 2nd season). The Lions season has concluded and Beck has announced he will retire from playing football. Season stats: 50-79 (.633) passing for 498 yards, four TDs, and four INTs. 3 carries for 32 yards. QB rating of 76.9.
- Austin Collie (WR, BC Lions, 1st season). Season stats: 43 receptions for 439 yards (10.2 ave.) and seven TDs; 1-1 passing for 21 yards and one touchdown; one tackle.
- Cody Hoffman (WR, Montreal Alouettes, 1st season). The Alouettes season has concluded. Season stats: six receptions for 104 yards (17.3 ave.) and one TD.
- Quinn Lawlor (OL, Montreal Alouettes, 1st season).