The following are the statistics and snap counts for all BYU alumni who played in the NFL this week:
Ezekiel Ansah, DE, Detroit Lions. Ansah started and had five solo tackles, two assisted tackles, three sacks (for 16 yards lost), four tackles for loss, and two quarterback hurries. He did all that in just 46 snaps on defense (53%). Season Totals: 30 solo tackles, three assisted tackles, two quarterback hurries, 6.0 sacks, two tackles for loss, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery.
#Lions DE Ziggy Ansah hit the 40-career sack mark today. Most in franchise history for any player in their first 5 years.#OnePride pic.twitter.com/F8B4peklGa
— Logan Lamorandier (@LLamorandier) December 24, 2017
Jamaal Williams, RB, Green Bay Packers. Williams started and rushed 15 times for 58 yards. He played 62 snaps on offense (93%). Season Totals: 131 rushes for 474 yards and four touchdowns, 22 receptions for 230 yards and two touchdowns, three tackles.
Daniel Sorensen, S, Kansas City Chiefs. Sorensen started and had four solo tackles and one pass defended. He played all 57 snaps on defense and another six on special teams (22%). Season Totals: 66 solo tackles, 22 assisted tackles, 1.5 sacks, five tackles for loss, five passes defended, one interception.
Kai Nacua, DB, Cleveland Browns. Nacua got his second start of the season and had two solo tackles and a quarterback hurry. He played 56 snaps on defense (88%) and three snaps on special teams (11%). Season Totals: Nine solo tackles, one quarterback hurry.
Michael Davis, CB, Los Angeles Chargers. Davis had one assisted tackle on special teams, playing 23 special teams snaps (82%). Season Totals: 14 solo tackles, two assisted tackles, one pass deflection.
Taysom Hill, QB, New Orleans Saints. Hill came in as a substitute and played 16 snaps on special teams (55%). He also lined up for one stats at receiver. Season Totals: three solo tackles
John Denney, LS, Miami Dolphins. Denney was the long snapper again for the Dolphins this week. He played six snaps on special teams (22%). Season Totals: No stats.
- Kyle Van Noy, LB, New England Patriots. Out for another week nursing a minor calf injury. Season Totals: 58 solo tackles, 15 assisted tackles, four tackles for loss, 5.5 sacks, two passes defended.
- Bronson Kaufusi, DE, Baltimore Ravens. Kaufusi was not active this week. Season Totals: Three solo tackles, one assisted tackle in three games played.
- Harvey Langi, ILB, New England Patriots. Langi was not active this week. Season Totals: One solo tackle
Recently Waived Players
- Jordan Leslie, WR, Cleveland Browns. Leslie was waived by the Browns on October 11th following a hamstring injury. He is currently a free agent. Season Totals: one reception for 26 yards.
- Alani Fua, LB, Arizona Cardinals. Fua was on injured reserve last season and started this year there as well, but his knee never fully healed so they waived him on September 17, 2017. Season Totals: no stats
Note from the editor: Just wanted to wish y’all a Merry Christmas and to say thanks for reading my little blog. I’ve been posting for three years now and plan to keep writing for a long time. I’ve enjoyed interviewing new commits and researching the “where are they now” stats for alumni in the pros. I plan to pretty much stick to writing about future cougs and former cougs (a nice little niche in the BYU news world), but if you have any suggestions for the blog by way of content or design feel free to drop me a line, either in the comments below or via email (email@example.com). Cheers, Tyler