Ezekiel Ansah had his biggest game of the season with his first sack of the season and five additional tackles. Meanwhile former teammate and roommate Kyle Van Noy had a monster game for New England, recording four solo tackles including one for a six yard loss, two assisted tackles, and a forced fumble. All statistics, snap counts, and transactions for active players are recorded below.
Ezekiel “Ziggy” Ansah (DE, 2010-12; Detroit). Detroit (9-5) fell to the New York Giants 17-6. Ansah got his first sack of the season and added two solo and three assisted tackles. He started at defensive end and played 46 snaps with the defense (72%) and one snap on special teams (4%). Season Totals: 25 tackles (16 solo, 9 assisted); three tackles for loss; one sack
John Denney (LS, 2001-04; Miami). Miami (9-5) defeated the New York Jets 34-13. Denney played 11 snaps (39%) on special teams. Season Totals: No stats
Paul Lasike (RB/FB, 2012-14; Chicago). Chicago (3-11) fell to Green Bay 30-27. Lasike played just two snaps on offense (3%) and recorded no stats. Season Totals: three carries for eight yards; one reception for three yards; one kickoff return for five yards.
Dennis Pitta (TE, 2004, 2007-09; Baltimore). Baltimore (8-6) defeated Philadelphia 27-26. Pitta was targeted twice, with two receptions for 16 yards. He started at tight end and played 33 snaps on offense (57%) and two snaps on special teams (7%). Season Totals: 67 receptions for 563 yards, two touchdowns; one fumble lost.
Daniel Sorensen (DB, 2008, 2011-13; Kansas City). The Chiefs (10-4) fell to Tennessee 19-17. Sorensen had two solo tackles and a fumble recovery for 55 yards. He played 26 snaps on defense (39%) and 21 snaps on special teams (88%). Season Totals: 52 tackles (44 solo, 8 assisted); two TFL; four pass deflections; one forced fumble; one fumble recovery for 55 yards; two INT with one returned 48 yards for a TD; one sack.
Kyle Van Noy (LB, 2010-13; New England). New England (12-2) defeated Denver 16-3. Van Noy had four solo and two assisted tackles, a tackle for loss, and a forced fumble. He played 51 snaps on defense (82%) and 7 on special teams (27%), the most of any linebacker on the team. Season Totals: 42 tackles (28 solo, 14 assisted); one sack; two TFL; one pass deflection; one interception; one forced fumble.
Additional Cougars on the injured reserve:
- Bronson Kaufusi (DE, 2012-15). On injured reserve for Baltimore Ravens.
- Uani ‘Unga (MLB, 2011-13). On the injured reserve for New York Giants
- De’Ondre Wesley (OT, 2013-14). On injured reserve for Baltimore Ravens.
- Alani Fua (ILB, 2010-14). Placed on injured reserve after week 3. Season Totals: One assisted tackle
Cougars currently on practice squads:
- Jordan Leslie has been everywhere this season. He was waived by the Atlanta Falcons in August, spent one week on the Tennessee Titans practice squad in September, and was added on October 18th to the Cleveland Browns practice squad.
- Rob Daniel (CB, 2013-14). Daniel spent 2015-16 on Green Bay practice squad and some time on 53 man roster. He was released after training camp in early September 2016 but was elevated to the Green Bay practice squad before week 3. That only lasted a week or so as he was waived by the Packers on September 25, 2016. However he was picked up by Baltimore and played 19 snaps (61%) on special teams (but recorded no stats) on an October 23 loss to the Jets. He was waived by the Ravens on November 5, 2016 but then re-activated to the practice squad on November 12th.
- Cody Hoffman has spent this season on the practice squad for the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League (CFL).
- Manoa Pikula (ILB, 2012-15). Cut by the Green Bay Packers in the pre-season but is currently listed on the Injury Report