BYU had six alumni in action on Sunday. Kyle Van Noy got his first start for New England and finished the game with a solo and an assisted tackle. In other action Daniel Sorensen had a tackle for the Chiefs and Dennis Pitta had three receptions for the Ravens. And that’s it—pretty slow week for BYU alumni. All statistics, snap counts, and transactions for active players are recorded below.
Ezekiel “Ziggy” Ansah (DE, 2010-12; Detroit). Detroit (7-4) defeated Minnesota 16-13. Ansah took 35 snaps with the defense (59%) but recorded no stats as his health continues to improve. Season Totals: 16 tackles (12 solo, 4 assisted), two tackles for loss
Paul Lasike (RB/FB, 2012-14; Chicago). Chicago (2-9) fell to Tennessee 27-21. Lasike played seven snaps on offense (9%) and nine snaps on special teams (35%). Season Totals: three carries for eight yards; one reception for three yards.
Dennis Pitta (TE, 2004, 2007-09; Baltimore). Baltimore (6-5) defeated Cincinnati 19-14. Pitta was targeted five times and had three receptions for 34 yards. He started and played 41 snaps on offense (60%). Season Totals: 54 receptions for 439 yards.
Daniel Sorensen (DB, 2008, 2011-13; Kansas City). The Chiefs (8-3) defeated Denver 30-27. Sorensen had one solo tackle. He played 22 snaps on defense (26%) and 35 snaps on special teams (83%). Season Totals: 38 tackles (33 solo, 5 assisted); two TFL; three pass deflections; one forced fumble; two INT with one returned 48 yards for a TD; one sack.
Kyle Van Noy (LB, 2010-13; New England). New England (9-2) defeated the New York Jets 22-17. Van Noy got his first start for the Patriots and had one solo and one assisted tackle. He played 28 snaps on defense (49%) and seven on special teams (26%). Season Totals: 28 tackles (23 solo, five assisted); one sack; one TFL; one pass deflection.
Additional Cougars on the injured reserve:
- Bronson Kaufusi (DE, 2012-15). On injured reserve for Baltimore Ravens.
- Uani ‘Unga (MLB, 2011-13). On the injured reserve for New York Giants
- De’Ondre Wesley (OT, 2013-14). On injured reserve for Baltimore Ravens.
- Alani Fua (ILB, 2010-14). Placed on injured reserve after week 3. Season Totals: One assisted tackle
Cougars currently on practice squads:
- Jordan Leslie has been everywhere this season. He was waived by the Atlanta Falcons in August, spent one week on the Tennessee Titans practice squad in September, and was added on October 18th to the Cleveland Browns practice squad.
- Rob Daniel (CB, 2013-14). Daniel spent 2015-16 on Green Bay practice squad and some time on 53 man roster. He was released after training camp in early September 2016 but was elevated to the Green Bay practice squad before week 3. That only lasted a week or so as he was waived by the Packers on September 25, 2016. However he was picked up by Baltimore and played 19 snaps (61%) on special teams (but recorded no stats) on an October 23 loss to the Jets. He was waived by the Ravens on November 5, 2016 but then re-activated to the practice squad on November 12th.
- Cody Hoffman has spent this season on the practice squad for the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League (CFL).
- Manoa Pikula (ILB, 2012-15). Cut by the Green Bay Packers in the pre-season but is currently listed on the Injury Report.