BYU had six alumni in action on Sunday. Kyle Van Noy was activated and played for the first time since a mid-season trade from Detroit to New England. He made the most of it recording his first sack for the Patriots. Meanwhile, Paul Lasike continued to see increased playing time with the Bears and had one rush for five yards to complete a third and one. All statistics, snap counts, and transactions for active players are recorded below.
— Spencer Linton (@Spencer_Linton) November 20, 2016
Ezekiel “Ziggy” Ansah (DE, 2010-12; Detroit). Detroit (6-4) defeated Jacksonville 26-19. Ansah started and had three solo tackles and an assisted tackle, taking 40 snaps with the defense (61%). He also had four hits on the quarterback. Season Totals: 16 tackles (12 solo, 4 assisted), two tackles for loss
Paul Lasike (RB/FB, 2012-14; Chicago). Chicago (2-8) fell to the New York Giants 22-16. Lasike saw the most playing time he has had so far in his young career. He had a five yard rush (on a third and one) as he played 10 total snaps on offense (16%) and five snaps on special teams (17%). Season Totals: three carries for eight yards; one reception for three yards.
Dennis Pitta (TE, 2004, 2007-09; Baltimore). Baltimore (5-5) fell to Dallas 27-17. Pitta was targeted five times and had three receptions for 30 yards. He started and played 43 snaps on offense (78%). Season Totals: 49 receptions for 405 yards.
Daniel Sorensen (DB, 2008, 2011-13; Kansas City). The Chiefs (7-3) fell to Tampa 19-17. Sorensen had one solo and one assisted tackle. He played 26 snaps on defense (34%) and 20 snaps on special teams (80%). Season Totals: 37 tackles (32 solo, 5 assisted); two TFL; three pass deflections; one forced fumble; two INT with one returned 48 yards for a TD; one sack.
Kyle Van Noy (LB, 2010-13; New England). New England (8-2) defeated San Francisco 30-17. Van Noy was activated and made the most of it in his first game for the Patriots. He had one solo and two assisted tackles, with one sack. He played 29 snaps on defense (46%) and three on special teams (10%). Season Totals: 26 tackles (22 solo, four assisted); one sack; one TFL; one pass deflection.
Additional Cougars on the injured reserve:
- Bronson Kaufusi (DE, 2012-15). On injured reserve for Baltimore Ravens.
- Uani ‘Unga (MLB, 2011-13). On the injured reserve for New York Giants
- De’Ondre Wesley (OT, 2013-14). On injured reserve for Baltimore Ravens.
- Alani Fua (ILB, 2010-14). Placed on injured reserve after week 3. Season Totals: One assisted tackle
Cougars currently on practice squads:
- Jordan Leslie started the season with Atlanta, spent one week with Tennessee, and was added on October 18th to the Cleveland Browns practice squad.
- Rob Daniel (CB, 2013-14). Daniel was re-activated to the Baltimore practice squad on November 12th after starting the season with Green Bay and then playing one game with Baltimore.
- Cody Hoffman has spent this season on the practice squad for the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League (CFL).