Championship Week: BYU football Prep Tracker, Week 14
There are five future Cougs who will compete in at least one more game this football season.
BYU target Isaac Wilson had a difficult game on offense (a rare occurrence for the star QB), so it was up to the Corner Canyon defense to determine the winner of the CC vs. Farmington semifinal game.
BYU commit Owen Borg stepped up at the linebacker position and had his best prep game to lead Corner Canyon to the victory. Borg was the semifinal MVP with eight tackles, a sack, and a blocked punt returned for a touchdown.
— Jeff Tuckett (@jeff_tuckett) November 12, 2022
In the Utah 5A semifinal round it was a similar story as the Timpview defense held strong to advance to the state title match on Friday. Leading the charge was BYU commit Siale Esera who had his best game of the season with eight tackles, three tackles for loss, a sack, and a blocked field goal.
Borg and Esera will compete in Utah state title games on Friday while receivers Saimone Davis and JoJo Phillips will continue their playoff runs in Texas and California.
Future Cougs who are still competing
- Owen Borg (LB) 8 TKL, 1 SACK, 1 BP returned for TD (semifinal MVP) – will face Skyridge in 6A title game on Friday
- Saimone Davis (ATH) 1 REC for 6 YDS – will face Wylie on Friday in the second round (area finals) of the Texas UIL state championship
- Siale Esera (LB/DE) 8 TKL, 3 TFL, BFG, SACK – will face Lehi Friday in Utah 5A title game
- Pokai Haunga (WR) Did not play (injury) – Timpview will face Lehi at 2:30 on Friday in the Utah 5A state championship game
- Josiah Phillips (WR) 2 REC, 22 YDS – will face Bishop Amat Friday in the California CIF Southern Sectionals semifinal game