Micah Simon is a 6’1” 185 pound wide receiver commit for the BYU football team (Class of 2015). While he played quarterback in high school, he is projected as #3/4 inside receiver for the Cougs this season.
Proud to say that I have verbally committed to BYU! Thanks to everyone who played a role in getting me to this point in my life! #GoCougs
— Micah (@MicahSavage7) December 19, 2014
Simon prepped at Bishop Dunne Catholic High School, where he led the Falcons to its first Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS) Division I State Championship in 24 years. As a senior he threw for 2,325 yards and 28 touchdowns while rushing for 861 and six more TDs. He was named to the TAPPS All-State Division I second Team and the Fort Worth-area private school all-star team. He also played on the basketball team and ran track, recording a 22.98 in the 200m and a 43.14 in the 300m hurdles. He held a 3.7 GPA.
Simon was rated 2-stars by Rivals and Scout, and wasn’t rated by ESPN. He held scholarship offers from Air Force, BYU, Cornell, Grambling State, and Southern Miss. Simon was also recruited by Davidson, Iowa, Navy, Nebraska, Northwestern, Oklahoma, Oregon, SMU, Stanford, UCLA, and Yale. Simon committed to the Cougars on December 14, 2015.
|Hometown:||Dallas, Texas||High School:||Bishop Dunne|
|Last Team:||Bishop Dunne||HT/WT:||6’1”, 185 lbs.|
|Position:||Wide Receiver||40 time:||4.48|
|Profiles:||MaxPreps, HUDL||Bench/Squat:||225/415 lbs.|
|[usrlist Rivals:2 Scout:2 ESPN:2 avg=”true”]||Offers: Air Force, BYU, Cornell, Grambling State, Southern Miss|
- Micah Simon Commits to BYU – Jeff Hansen, Lawless Rupublic, December 18, 2014
- 2015 ATH Micah Simon signs with Cougars – Kevin Schaefer, Vanquish the Foe, February 4, 2015
- Micah Simon Ready to Play WR at BYU – Talo Steves, Total Blue Sports, February 13, 2015
- Remembering Bishop Dunne’s crowning 2014 achievement, featuring QB Micah Simon – Matt Wixon, DallasNews.com, July 21, 2015
- Bishop Dunne Senior Football Standouts are Scholar athletes on both Offense and Defense – Judy Porter, BubbleLife, December 2, 2014