Matthew Criddle is a 6-foot-1 195-pound defensive back for Brigham Young University, recruited as part of the Class of 2014.
BYU summary: In four seasons at BYU (roster years 2018-2021), Criddle has played in 43 games (four starts) and has had 28 tackles (13 solo), with two pass breakups and an interception (BYUcougars.com).
- 2022 (Senior).
- 2021 (Junior). Played in nine games (four starts), had 13 tackles (eight solo) with one pass breakup and one interception.
- 2020 (COVID Junior). Played in 12 games, recorded nine tackles (three solo)
- 2019 (Sophomore). Played in nine games, had four tackles (one solo)
- 2018 (Freshman). Played in 13 games, recorded two tackles (one solo) and one pass breakup
- 2017 (Redshirt). Attended Snow College
- 2016-2017 (LDS Mission). Guayaquil, Ecuador.
High School. Criddle prepped at Lone Peak High School (Highland, Utah), where as a senior he had 69 tackles (29 solo), with one tackle for loss, one sack, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery, 18 passes defended, and five interceptions with 112 return yards and a touchdown (MaxPreps). He was named to the All-Region and All-state teams as a junior and senior.
Recruitment. Criddle went to Snow College to play football but then transferred to BYU and joined the football team as a walk-on.
Personal. Criddle’s brother Ben was a BYU defensive back from 2005-2007.