Lorenzo Fauatea is a 6-foot-4 300-pound defensive lineman for Brigham Young University, recruited as part of the Class of 2017.
BYU summary: In five seasons at BYU (roster years 2017-2021), Fauatea has played in 34 games with three starts, and has recorded 42 total tackles (25 solo), with two quarterback hurries, two pass breakups, two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery, six tackles for loss, and four sacks (BYUcougars.com). He has already earned his bachelor’s degree (Sociology).
- 2022 (Senior).
- 2021 (Junior). Played in five games, recorded four tackles (two solo), with one forced fumble and one fumble recovery
- 2020 (COVID Junior). Played in four games, recorded one pass breakup
- 2019 (Sophomore). Played in nine games (two starts), recorded 21 tackles (14 solo), with one quarterback hurry, one forced fumble, three tackles for loss, and two sacks.
- 2018 (Freshman). Played in 13 games (one start), recorded 13 tackles (nine solo), with one pass breakup, 2.5 tackles for loss, and two sacks.
- 2017 (Medical Redshirt). Had four total tackles in three games played
High School. Fauatea prepped at Hunter High School (West Valley, Utah), where as a senior he had three carries for seven yards and a touchdown and 32 tackles (MaxPreps). He was the Region 2 Defensive MVP (Deseret News), and first-team All-State. He also played basketball for West Valley.
Recruitment. Fauatea was rated 3-stars by 247Sports (0.8451), who rated him the no. 8 overall prospect from Utah for the Class of 2017. He held scholarship offers from BYU, Hawaii, Oregon State, Utah, and Utah State. Fauatea was originally committed to Oregon State, but de-committed and then committed to BYU on February 1, 2017.