K.J. Hymes is a 6-foot-10 200 pound power forward from Phoenix who was reportedly offered a scholarship to play for the BYU basketball team yesterday (Class of 2018).
— Robby McCombs (@rtmccombs) July 28, 2016
Hymes preps at St. Mary’s High School (AZ), where he averaged 5.7 points, 4.1 rebounds, and 1.3 blocks per game as a freshman. He is rated 4-stars by Rivals and ESPN (grade of 87), and 3-stars by Scout. ESPN has him as the No. 2 prospect from Arizona and the No. 15 power forward nationally. He is No. 55 in their Top 80 ranking and the No. 63 prospect nationally on Rivals. Hymes holds scholarship offers from Arizona State, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Grand Canyon, Memphis, Nevada, Oklahoma, St. John’s, USC, and Washington. He also now has a BYU offer, so it’s probably “safe” to assume that he’ll have a Utah offer in the next day or two. J He is also being recruited by Arizona, Cal, and UCLA.
|Hometown:||Phoenix, Arizona||High School:||St. Mary’s|
|Class:||2018||HT/WT:||6’10”, 200 lbs.|
|Position:||Power Forward||AAU:||Las Vegas Prospects|
|Profiles:||MaxPreps, HUDL, Verbal Commits||Twitter:||@HymesKj, @HymesKwame|
|Offer date:||July 28, 2016||Commit date:||uncommitted|
|[usrlist Rivals:4 Scout:3 ESPN:4 avg=”true”]||Offers: Arizona State, BYU, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Grand Canyon, Memphis, Nevada, Oklahoma, St. John’s, USC, and Washington|
- Arizona schools recruiting Hymes – Michael Luke, Wildcat Authority, April 14, 2016
- Clemson offers Arizona PF – Tony Crumpton, Tigernet.com, April 27, 2015
- Arizona 2018 basketball recruiting: K.J. Hymes, Miles Norris updates – Avinash Kunnath, Pacific Takes, May 21, 2016
- Pac-12 school picking it up with 2018 Arizona post K.J. Hymes – Josh Gershon, Scout Hoops, January 2, 2016
- J. Hymes enjoys Arizona visit – Michael Luke, Wildcat Authority, October 18, 2015
- J. Hymes making big impression as 2018 Arizona Hoops prospect – Chris Karpman, Sun Devil Source, December 24, 2015
K.J. Hymes is a recruit for the BYU Class of 2018. For a comprehensive list of all of BYU’s c/o ’18 recruits and commitments click here. If you have any additional information or insight about this recruit, please include it in the comment section below.