Keenan Pili is a 6-foot-3 233-pound linebacker who played for Brigham Young University from 2019 to 2022, recruited as part of the Class of 2016.
BYU summary: In fours seasons at BYU (2019-2022), Pili played in 36 games with 24 starts and recorded 190 tackles (95 solo), with 11 tackles for loss, three sacks, one forced fumble, two fumble recoveries, two quarterback hurries, and four pass breakups (BYUcougars.com).
- After BYU. Entered the transfer portal as a graduate transfer on December 9, 2022.
- 2022 (Junior). Played and started in 12 games, recording 62 tackles (29 solo), four tackles for loss, one sack, one pass breakup, one forced fumble, and one fumble recovery.
- 2021 (Sophomore). Played and started in three games, recording 31 tackles, 3.5 tackles for loss, one quarterback hurry, and 1.5 sacks. Season-ending injury in third game.
- 2020 (COVID Sophomore). Played in 10 games with eight starts and recorded 72 tackles (35 solo), with one pass breakup, one quarterback hurry, one fumble recovery, and two tackles for loss. Named to the All-Independent second-team.
- 2019 (Freshman). Played in 11 games with one start and recorded 25 tackles (17 solo), two pass breakups, 1.5 tackles for loss, and one sack
- 2017-2018 (LDS Mission). Orlando, Florida
- 2016 (Redshirt). Member of the scout team
High School. Pili prepped at Timpview High School (Provo, Utah), where he played strong safety and outside linebacker. In his junior and senior seasons he compiled 133 total tackles (98 solo), with one sack, two interceptions (with one returned 44 yards for a touchdown), eight passes defended, five fumble recoveries, and one blocked field goal (MaxPreps). He was named to the All-State second-team and was a Semper Fi All-American.
Recruitment. Pili was rated 3-stars by 247Sports (0.8465), who rated him the no. 9 overall prospect from Utah in the Class of 2016. He held scholarship offers from BYU, Cal, Nevada, UNLV, Utah, Vanderbilt, Washington State, and Wyoming. He was also recruited by Arizona, Arizona State, Stanford, USC, and Washington. Pili committed to BYU on August 9, 2015 and he enrolled on June 30, 2016.
Personal. Brother Trajan Pili is a current BYU linebacker and father’s cousin Ifo Pili played on the defensive line for the Cougs in 1997-1998 and 2001-2003.
Social Media. Follow and support Pili on Twitter at @KeenanPili7, on Instagram at @keenanpili7, and on LinkedIn.
Resources: BYU Player Profile, 247 Recruiting Profile, MaxPreps Stats, BYU Insider Recruiting Profile