Jacob Oldroyd is a 6-foot-1 195-pound kicker/punter for Brigham Young University, recruited as part of the Class of 2016. “Jake the Make” is one of the greatest BYU kickers of all-time.
BYU summary: In four seasons at BYU (roster years 2016, 2019-2021), Oldroyd has punted 42 times for 1,812 yards (43.2 avg), done 156 kickoffs for 9,292 yards (59.6 avg), gone 41-for-54 on field goals with four 50+ yarders, and 143-of-147 on PATs for a total of 266 points. (BYUcougars.com).
- 2022 (Junior).
- 2021 (Sophomore). Played in 10 games (10 starts) and went 9-of-13 on field goals and 42-of-43 on PATs. Set school record for consecutive field goals (16), and finished season with 65 points. Also did 61 kickoffs for 3,729 yards (61.1 avg).
- 2020 (COVID Sophomore). Played in 11 games (11 starts), and kicked 86 kickoffs for 5,116 yards (59.5 avg), and was a perfect 13-for-13 on field goals with a long of 54 yards. Went 60-of-62 on PATs for 99 total points. Was named to the All-American second team and was a Lou Groza Award finalist (which he most definitely should have won). Set BYU single season record for field goal percentage (100% on 13 kicks). 7-for-7 on field goals at 40-yards or greater with three being 50+ yards. Jake the Make is a legend!
- 2019 (Freshman). Played in 13 games (13 starts), and went 40-for-41 on PATs, 16-of-24 on field goals (including a 54 yarder), and had 42 punts for 1,813 yards (43.2 yards per punt). Also kicked five kickoffs
- 2017-2018 (LDS mission). Chile, Osorno
- 2016 (Redshirt). Played in three games and kicked five kickoffs with one touchback, and went 3-for-4 on field goals with his first being a game winner against Arizona. His one missed field goal was blocked. Also went 1-for-1 on PATs.
High School. Oldroyd prepped at Carroll High School (Southlake, Texas) where he was a perfect 60-for-60 on PATs and 8-for-8 on field goal attempts in his two seasons. He also placed 25 punts inside the 20 and averaged 39.2 yards per punt on 71 punts for 2,783 yards (MaxPreps).
Recruitment. Oldroyd was not rated and came to BYU as a preferred walk-on, choosing the Cougs over Utah State and North Texas. Oldroyd committed to BYU on February 20, 2016.
Social Media. Follow and support Oldroyd on Twitter at @JakeOldroyd39, on Instagram at @jakeoldroyd39, and on LinkedIn.
Resources: BYU Player Profile, 247 Recruiting Profile, MaxPreps Stats