Jacob Conover is a 6-foot-1 205-pound quarterback who played for Brigham Young University from 2020 to 2022, recruited as part of the Class of 2019.
BYU summary: In three seasons at BYU (2020-22), Conover played in five games and went 5-for-11 through the air for 45 yards. He also rushed once for five yards (BYUcougars.com).
- After BYU. Entered the transfer portal on December 2, 2022 and made a verbal commitment to Arizona State a few days later.
- 2022 (Sophomore). Played in three games, completed 0-of-1 passing attempts and rushed once for five yards.
- 2021 (Freshman). Played in two games, completed 5-of-10 passes for 45 yards.
- 2020 (COVID Freshman). Member of scout team
- 2019-2020 (LDS Mission). Asuncion, Paraguay
High School. Conover prepped at Chandler High School (Chandler, Arizona), where in three seasons he went 602-for-883 through the air (.682) for 10,098 yards and 102 touchdowns against just 16 interceptions. He had 134 carries for 560 yards and eight more scores. (MaxPreps). Conover led his team to Arizona 6A State titles in 2016 and 2017. Conover also competed in the 100-meter, 200-meter, and relays for the track and field team (Athletic.net). He graduated early (December 2018).
Recruitment. Conover was rated 4-stars by 247Sports (0.9005), who rated him the no. 6 overall prospect from Arizona in the Class of 2019. He held scholarship offers from Alabama, Arizona, Arizona State, BYU, Memphis, Nevada, Northwestern, Ole Miss, Oregon State, South Carolina, Utah State, and Washington State. Conover signed with BYU on December 19, 2018.
Personal. Conover helped create non-profit Helmets 4 Hope with BYU teammate Cash Peterman.
Social Media. Follow and support Conover on Twitter at @JacobConover17, on Instagram at @jacob.conover, and on LinkedIn.
Resources: BYU Player Profile, 247 Recruiting Profile, MaxPreps Stats, BYU Insider Recruiting Profile