Gabe Summers is a 6-foot-2 295-pound defensive lineman for Brigham Young University, recruited as part of the Class of 2016.
BYU summary: In three seasons at BYU, Summers has played in 31 games (starting 12), and has recorded 47 tackles (24 solo), with five quarterback hurries, five tackles for loss, and two sacks (BYUcougars.com).
- 2022 (Junior).
- 2021 (Sophomore). Played in all 13 games, starting 10. Had 24 tackles (12 solo), and three quarterback hurries
- 2020 (COVID Sophomore). Played in all 12 games with two starts. Had 15 tackles (seven solo), three tackles for loss, two quarterback hurries, and two sacks.
- 2019 (Freshman). Played in six games and had eight tackles with one tackle for loss.
- 2018 (Redshirt). Did not play.
- 2016-17 (LDS mission). Dallas, Texas.
High School. Summers prepped at Westlake (Saratoga Springs, Utah), where he played on the offensive and defensive lines. As a junior he recorded 53 tackles (31 solo) with 17 tackles for loss, two forced fumbles, a recovery, and seven sacks (MaxPreps). He was named to the All-State teams in 2014 and 2015.
Recruitment. Summers was not rated, and was recruited by Southern Utah, Utah State, and Weber State. He joined BYU as a walk-on in 2018.
Social Media. Follow and support Summers on Instagram at @gabe.summers.56 and on LinkedIn.
Personal. Gabe’s father Hyrum Summers played defensive end and was teammates with BYU head coach Kalani Sitake in the late 1990s.
Resources: BYU Athlete profile, MaxPreps Stats, BYU Insider Interview