The second week of the NFL pre-season was a quiet one for BYU alumni. Highlights include 3 tackles and 0.5 sacks for Detroit’s Ziggy Ansah, 6 total tackles for his teammate Kyle Van Noy, one tackle for Hebron Fangupo (Kansas City) and Alani Fua (Arizona), two tackles and a sack for Daniel Sorenson (Kansas City), and five tackles and a pass deflection for Uani (Devin) Unga (New York Giants). Complete stat lines for all BYU alumni are listed below. Week one stats are available here.
Stat Lines (alphabetical)
- Ziggy Ansah (DE, Detroit Lions, 3rd season). Had two solo tackles and one assist, to accompany .5 sacks in Detroit’s 21-17 loss to the Washington Redskins.
- Robertson Daniel (CB, Oakland Raiders, UDFA Rookie). Recorded no stats in Oakland’s 20-12 loss to the Minnesota Vikings.
- John Denney (LS, Miami Dolphins, 11th season). Recorded no statistics in Miami’s 31-30 loss to the Carolina Panthers.
- Hebron Fangupo (DL, Kansas City Chiefs, 2nd season). Recorded one solo tackle in Kansas City’s 14-13 victory over the Seattle Seahawks.
- Alani Fua (LB, Arizona Cardinals, UDFA rookie). Recorded one solo tackle in Arizona’s 22-19 loss to the San Diego Chargers.
- Spencer Hadley (LB, Oakland Raiders, 2nd season). Recorded no statistics in Oakland’s 20-12 loss to the Minnesota Vikings.
- Paul Lasike (RB, Arizona Cardinals, UDFA Rookie). Recorded no statistics in Arizona’s 22-19 loss to the San Diego Chargers.
- Jordan Leslie (WR, Minnesota Vikings, UDFA Rookie). Recorded no statistics in Minnesota’s 20-12 victory over the Oakland Raiders.
- Devin Mahina (TE, Washington Redskins, UDFA Rookie). Recorded no statistics in Washington’s 21-17 victory over the Detroit Lions.
- Dennis Pitta (TE, Baltimore Ravens, 6th season). Pitta is currently on the injured list (hip) and did not play in Baltimore’s 40-17 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.
- Dallas Reynolds (G, New York Giants, 4th season). Recorded no statistics in New York’s 22-12 victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Daniel Sorenson (DB, Kansas City Chiefs, 2nd season). Recorded two solo tackles and a sack in Kansas City’s 14-13 victory over the Seattle Seahawks.
- Uani (Devin) Unga (LB, New York Giants, 2nd season). Recorded five solo tackles, one assisted tackle, and one pass deflection in New York’s 22-12 victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- De’Ondre Wesley (OT, Baltimore Ravens, UDFA Rookie). Recorded no statistics in Baltimore’s 40-17 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.
- Kyle Van Noy (LB, Detroit Lions, 2nd season). Recorded three solo tackles and three assisted tackles in Detroit’s 21-17 loss to the Washington Redskins.
Other players of Note:
- Brad Sorenson, (BYU transfer to SUU, QB San Diego Chargers, 3rd season). Went 13-25 for 122 yards (.522) in San Diego’s 22-19 victory over the Arizona Cardinals. Recorded 0 TDs and 1 INT, QB rating of 49.1.
- Tayo Fabuluje (former BYU student, OT, Chicago Bears, 1st season). Struggled in Chicago’s 23-11 victory over the Indianapolis Colts, with the Chicago Tribune noting he “looks like a project at right tackle.“
- Jake Heaps (BYU transfer to Kansas, Miami; QB, New York Jets, 1st season). Despite the troubles at the QB position, Heaps was held out of play for a second straight week. He is yet to play a down in the NFL but is listed at #3 on the QB depth chart.
- None of the four players with mini-camp invites seem to have found roster positions (Harvey Jackson, Carolina; Skye PoVey, Green Bay; Solomone Kafu, Arizona; Ross Apo, Seattle).