The BYU Football pro tracker gives you week-by-week summaries and statistics for all BYU alumni currently playing professional football.
Of note this week: Ziggy moved up from #4 to #2 in NFL season leaders in sacks with 11.5, as he recorded a career high 3.5 sacks vs. the Eagles. His teammate Kyle Van Noy also had career highs in snaps (35), solo tackles (3), and tackles for loss (1), while career highs also came for Alani Fua (first fumble recovery), and De’Ondre Wesley (most snaps). All NFL Week 12 and 2015 pro stats for former Cougs are outlined below.
Stat Lines (alphabetical)
- Ziggy Ansah (DE, Detroit Lions, 3rd season). Ziggy continued to have huge success on Thanksgiving day going off for three solo tackles, one assisted tackle, 3.5 sacks, one forced fumble in the Lions 45-14 beatdown of the Eagles. He played 30 defensive snaps (51%) and two snaps on special teams (6%). He is currently #2 in the NFL in total sacks this season just behind JJ Watt. Season Stats (11 games): 32 tackles (27 solo, 5 assists), 11.5 sacks, 4 FF, 1 FR, 4 TFL.
- John Denney (LS, Miami Dolphins, 11th season). Denney recorded no stats but had 11 snaps (33%) as the deep snapper in Miami’s loss to the Jets.
- Alani Fua (LB, Arizona Cardinals, UDFA rookie). Fua had a fumble recovery and played 15 special teams snaps (65%) in Arizona’s victory over the 49ers. Season Stats (11 games): 3 solo tackles, one assisted tackle, one fumble recovery.
- Dennis Pitta (TE, Baltimore Ravens, 6th season). Pitta is currently on the injured list (hip).
- Dallas Reynolds (G, New York Giants, 4th season). Reynolds was the starting center and played 100% of the offensive snaps in New York’s loss to the Redskins.
- Daniel Sorensen (DB, Kansas City Chiefs, 2nd season). Sorensen had one solo tackle and one assisted tackle in Kansas City’s win over the Bills. He played 22 special teams snaps (79%). Season stats (11 games): 7 solo tackles, 1 assisted tackle, 1 pass deflection.
- Uani (Devin) Unga (LB, New York Giants, 2nd season). Uani dressed but did not play in New York’s loss to the Redskins. Season stats (7 games): 47 tackles (34 Solo, 13 Assisted), 2 TFL (STF), 4 PD, 2 FF, 2 INT.
- Kyle Van Noy (LB, Detroit Lions, 2nd season). Van Noy had a career high 3 solo tackles and one tackle for loss in Detroit’s win over the Eagles. KVN has seen increased playing time as the season has progressed and got a season high 35 snaps this week. He played 14 defensive snaps (24%) and 21 special teams snaps (68%). Season stats (10 games): 6 solo tackles, 2 assisted tackles, one sack, one TFL
- De’Ondre Wesley (OT, Baltimore Ravens, rookie season). In his second NFL game Wesley got one additional snap this week on special teams (5 snaps, 15%) as the Ravens defeated the Browns.
Players on NFL practice squads
- Hebron Fangupo (DL, 3rd season). Started the season on the Kansas City Chief’s practice squad but was cut on November 18th.
- Rob Daniel (CB, Green Bay Packers, rookie season).
- Paul Lasike (RB, Chicago Bears, rookie season).
Players in the Canadian Football League (CFL) – Season has now concluded
- John Beck (QB, BC Lions, 2nd season). The Lions season has concluded and Beck has announced he will retire from playing football. Season stats: 50-79 (.633) passing for 498 yards, four TDs, and four INTs. 3 carries for 32 yards. QB rating of 76.9.
- Austin Collie (WR, BC Lions, 1st season). Season stats: 43 receptions for 439 yards (10.2 ave.) and seven TDs; 1-1 passing for 21 yards and one touchdown; one tackle.
- Cody Hoffman (WR, Montreal Alouettes, 1st season). The Alouettes season has concluded. Season stats: six receptions for 104 yards (17.3 ave.) and one TD.
- Quinn Lawlor (OL, Montreal Alouettes, 1st season).