D’Angelo Mandell is a 6-foot-1 192-pound defensive back for Brigham Young University, recruited as part of the Class of 2017.
BYU summary: In five seasons at BYU (roster years 2017-2022), Mandell has played in 47 games with 23 starts and has 72 tackles (50 solo), with five pass breakups, one quarterback hurry, and 2.5 tackles for loss (BYUcougars.com).
- 2022 (Senior).
- 2021 (Junior). Played in 13 games (13 starts) and recorded 36 tackles (25 solo) with four pass breakups
- 2020 (COVID Junior). Played in eight games (one start) and recorded six tackles (two solo) with 0.5 tackles for loss.
- 2019 (Sophomore). Played in 13 games (five starts) and recorded 21 tackles (17 solo), with two tackles for loss
- 2018 (Freshman). Played in 13 games (four starts) and recorded nine tackles (six solo)
- 2017 (Redshirt). Member of scout team
High School. Mandell prepped at Del Norte High School (San Diego, California), where as a senior he had eight carries for 48 yards, 23 receptions for 323 yards and a touchdown, 44 tackles (24 solo), with ten passes defended and an interception (MaxPreps). He reported a 4.53 forty-time and a 10.9 100-meter dash (HUDL). Mandell was a three-time All-CIF selection, four-time first-team All-League selection, and three-time First-Team North County selection.
Recruitment. Mandell was rated 3-stars by 247Sports (0.8281), who rated him the no. 101 overall prospect from California in the Class of 2017. He held scholarship offers from BYU, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, Southern Utah, Utah State, Weber State, Wyoming, and Vanderbilt. Mandell committed to BYU on January 17, 2017, and signed on February 1st.
Social Media. Follow and support Mandell on Twitter at @Dlo_Gunter, on Instagram at @dlo_donny, and on LinkedIn.
Resources: BYU Player Profile, 247 Recruiting Profile, MaxPreps Stats, BYU Insider Recruiting Profile