Clark Barrington was a 6-foot-6 302-pound offensive lineman for Brigham Young University, recruited as part of the Class of 2016.
BYU summary: In four seasons at BYU (roster years 2019-2022), Barrington played in 46 games, with 40 starts (BYUcougars.com).
- 2022 (Junior). Started all 13 regular season games. Entered transfer portal on December 18, 2022.
- 2021 (Sophomore). Started all 13 games, named to All-America second-team (Action Network), and third-team (Pro Football Focus, Pro Football Network)
- 2020 (COVID Sophomore). Played and started 10 games, named to All-Independent second-team
- 2019 (Freshman). Played in 10 games with four starts
- 2018 (Redshirt). Was a member of the scout team.
- 2016-17 (LDS mission). Kampala, Uganda
High School. Barrington prepped at University High School (Spokane, Washington), where he played tight end, offensive tackle, long snapper, and defensive tackle (MaxPreps). Named to the All-League first-team, was an All-State honorable mention, and also played on the basketball team.
Recruitment. Barrington was rated 3-stars by 247Sports (82), who rated him the no. 16 overall prospect from the state of Washington for the Class of 2016. He had scholarship offers to Eastern Washington, Idaho, Idaho State, and Montana and was also recruited by Hawaii, Montana State, Portland State, Utah, and Washington State. Barrington enrolled at BYU following his LDS mission to Uganda on August 1, 2018.
Personal. Father, Shawn, played baseball and mother, Jacque, played basketball at Arizona. Brother Campbell is also on the offensive line at BYU.