The BYU Football pro tracker gives you week-by-week summaries and statistics for all BYU alumni currently playing professional football.
Of note this week: Ziggy Ansah had three tackles and a sack, KVN had a tackle, Daniel Sorensen had two tackles, and Dallas Reynolds played nearly every offensive snap. Aside from that it was a pretty quiet week for BYU alums. All NFL Week 17 and 2015 regular season cumulative statistics for former Cougars are outlined below.
Stat Lines (alphabetical)
- Ziggy Ansah (DE, Detroit Lions, 3rd season). Ziggy had three solo tackles and a sack in Detroit’s victory over the Bears. He played 38 defensive snaps (73%) and twosnaps on special teams (9%). He is third in the NFL with 14.5 total sacks this season. Season Stats (16 games): 47 tackles (39 solo, 8 assists), 14.5 sacks, 4 FF, 2 FR, 1 PD, 4 TFL.
- John Denney (LS, Miami Dolphins, 11th season). Denney recorded no stats but had 11 snaps (37%) on special teams as the deep snapper in Miami’s win over New England.
- Alani Fua (LB, Arizona Cardinals, UDFA rookie). Fua recorded no statistics in Arizona’s loss to Seattle. He played 18 snaps on special teams (64%). Season Stats (17 games): 5 solo tackles, two assisted tackles, one fumble recovery.
- Dennis Pitta (TE, Baltimore Ravens, 6th season). Pitta spent the entire season on the injured list (hip).
- Dallas Reynolds (G, New York Giants, 4th season). Reynolds played 75 snaps (89%) of offense and six snaps (20%) for special teams in New York’s loss to the Eagles.
- Daniel Sorensen (DB, Kansas City Chiefs, 2nd season). Sorensen had one solo tackle and one assisted tackle in Kansas City’s win over Oakland. He played 38 defensive snaps (67%) and 24 special teams snaps (83%). Season stats (16 games): 20 solo tackles, three assisted tackles, 2 pass deflections, 1 sack, 1 blocked kick.
- Uani (Devin) Unga (LB, New York Giants, 2nd season). Uani did not play in New York’s loss to the Eagles. Season stats (11 games): 59 tackles (42 Solo, 17 Assisted), 2 TFL (STF), 4 PD, 2 FF, 2 INT.
- Kyle Van Noy (LB, Detroit Lions, 2nd season). Van Noy one tackle in Detroit’s victory over the Bears. He played 2 defensive snaps (4%) and 15 special teams snaps (65%). Season stats (15 games): 8 solo tackles, 2 assisted tackles, one sack, one TFL
- De’Ondre Wesley (OT, Baltimore Ravens, rookie season). Wesley played four special teams snaps (14%) in the Raven’s loss to the Bengals. He played in six total games this season after getting called up from the practice squad.
Players on NFL practice squads
- Craig Bills (S, Philadelphia Eagles, rookie season). Signed to the practice squad on December 14th but dropped later that week as he failed the physical.
- Hebron Fangupo (DL, 3rd season). Started the season on the Kansas City Chief’s practice squad but was cut on November 18th.
- Rob Daniel (CB, Green Bay Packers, rookie season). Didn’t make the active roster this season, but did play in two pre-season games, recording one tackle.
- Paul Lasike (RB, Chicago Bears, rookie season).
Players in the Canadian Football League (CFL) – Season has now concluded
- John Beck (QB, BC Lions, 2nd season). The Lions season has concluded and Beck has announced he will retire from playing football. Season stats: 50-79 (.633) passing for 498 yards, four TDs, and four INTs. 3 carries for 32 yards. QB rating of 76.9.
- Austin Collie (WR, BC Lions, 1st season). Season stats: 43 receptions for 439 yards (10.2 ave.) and seven TDs; 1-1 passing for 21 yards and one touchdown; one tackle.
- Cody Hoffman (WR, Montreal Alouettes, 1st season). The Alouettes season has concluded. Season stats: six receptions for 104 yards (17.3 ave.) and one TD.
- Quinn Lawlor (OL, Montreal Alouettes, 1st season).