The BYU Football pro tracker gives you week-by-week summaries and statistics for all BYU alumni currently playing professional football.
Of note this week: Ziggy maintained his #2 spot for NFL season leaders in sacks with another one to take him to 12.5. Fua, Sorensen, and Wesley all made good on increased playing time with Fua recording a career high two tackles and 25 snaps, Sorensen recording a career high five tackles and his first sack, and Wesley playing a career high 10 snaps, including his first offensive snaps. Uani Unga returned to action (first snaps since his neck injury) and recorded four tackles in reduced minutes. All NFL Week 13 and 2015 pro stats for former Cougs are outlined below.
Stat Lines (alphabetical)
- Ziggy Ansah (DE, Detroit Lions, 3rd season). Ziggy had three solo tackles and 1.0 sacks in Detroit’s loss to the Packers. He played 39 defensive snaps (58%) and four snaps on special teams (13%). He is currently #2 in the NFL with 12.5 total sacks this season just behind JJ Watt (13.5). Season Stats (12 games): 35 tackles (30 solo, 5 assists), 12.5 sacks, 4 FF, 1 FR, 4 TFL.
- John Denney (LS, Miami Dolphins, 11th season). Denney recorded no stats but had 12 snaps (43%) as the deep snapper in Miami’s win over the Ravens.
- Alani Fua (LB, Arizona Cardinals, UDFA rookie). Fua had one solo tackle and one assisted tackle and played three defensive snaps (6%) and 22 special teams snaps (79%) for an increased role in Arizona’s victory over the Rams. Season Stats (12 games): 4 solo tackles, two assisted tackles, one fumble recovery.
- Dennis Pitta (TE, Baltimore Ravens, 6th season). Pitta is currently on the injured list (hip).
- Dallas Reynolds (G, New York Giants, 4th season). Reynolds played 32 of the offensive snaps (49%) and five snaps (15%) for special teams in New York’s loss to the Jets.
- Daniel Sorensen (DB, Kansas City Chiefs, 2nd season). Sorensen had a career night with four solo tackles, one assisted tackle, and his first career sack in Kansas City’s win over the Raiders. He played 39 defensive snaps (49%) and 23 special teams snaps (85%). Season stats (12 games): 10 solo tackles, two assisted tackles, 1 pass deflection, 1 sack.
- Uani (Devin) Unga (LB, New York Giants, 2nd season). Uani returned to action and recorded three solo tackles and one assisted tackle in New York’s loss to the Jets. He played 19 defensive snaps (24%) and 7 special teams snaps (21%). Season stats (8 games): 51 tackles (37 Solo, 14 Assisted), 2 TFL (STF), 4 PD, 2 FF, 2 INT.
- Kyle Van Noy (LB, Detroit Lions, 2nd season). Van Noy recorded no stats in Detroit’s loss to the Packers. He played 24 special teams snaps (77%). Season stats (11 games): 6 solo tackles, 2 assisted tackles, one sack, one TFL
- De’Ondre Wesley (OT, Baltimore Ravens, rookie season). Wesley is continuing to earn playing time and had his first offensive snaps this week (six snaps, 8%) in the Raven’s loss to Miami. He also played four special teams snaps (14%) for a career high 10 total snaps.
Players on NFL practice squads
- Hebron Fangupo (DL, 3rd season). Started the season on the Kansas City Chief’s practice squad but was cut on November 18th.
- Rob Daniel (CB, Green Bay Packers, rookie season).
- Paul Lasike (RB, Chicago Bears, rookie season).
Players in the Canadian Football League (CFL) – Season has now concluded
- John Beck (QB, BC Lions, 2nd season). The Lions season has concluded and Beck has announced he will retire from playing football. Season stats: 50-79 (.633) passing for 498 yards, four TDs, and four INTs. 3 carries for 32 yards. QB rating of 76.9.
- Austin Collie (WR, BC Lions, 1st season). Season stats: 43 receptions for 439 yards (10.2 ave.) and seven TDs; 1-1 passing for 21 yards and one touchdown; one tackle.
- Cody Hoffman (WR, Montreal Alouettes, 1st season). The Alouettes season has concluded. Season stats: six receptions for 104 yards (17.3 ave.) and one TD.
- Quinn Lawlor (OL, Montreal Alouettes, 1st season).