Atunaisa Mahe is a 6-foot-1 310-pound defensive lineman for Brigham Young University, recruited as part of the Class of 2016.
BYU summary: In two seasons at BYU (roster years 2019, 2021), Mahe has played in 25 games with six starts and recorded 48 tackles (26 solo), with eight tackles for loss, three QB hurries, and 3.5 sacks (BYUcougars.com).
- 2022 (Junior).
- 2021 (Sophomore). Played in 12 games (four starts) and had 26 tackles (12 solo) with five tackles for loss, one quarterback hurry, and 1.5 sacks.
- 2020 (COVID Sophomore). Sat out after being diagnosed with venous thrombosis (blood clot)
- 2019 (Freshman). Played in 13 games (two starts) and had 22 tackles (14 solo), three tackles for loss, two quarterback hurries, and two sacks
- 2018 (Redshirt). Member of the scout team
- 2016-2017 (LDS mission). Nuku’alofa, Tonga
High School. Mahe prepped at West Jordan high school (West Jordan, Utah), where in 17 career games had 98 tackles (18 solo), with five tackles for loss, one fumble recovery, and four sacks (MaxPreps). Was named to 5A All-State Second Team (Deseret News), All-Region second team (2014) and first team (2015). He also played rugby for West Jordan and was the top ranked heavyweight powerlifter in Utah in 2015.
Recruitment. Mahe was rated 2-stars by 247Sports (0.7731), who rated him the no. 32 overall prospect from Utah in the Class of 2016. Mahe committed to BYU on December 9, 2015 and enrolled on August 1, 2018.
Social Media. Follow and support Mahe on LinkedIn.