Alema Pilimai is a 6-foot-4 260-pound defensive lineman for Brigham Young University, recruited as part of the Class of 2016.
BYU summary: In four years at BYU (2016, 2019-21), Pilimai has played in six total games and has one solo tackle, one assisted tackle, and one tackle for loss (BYUcougars.com).
- 2022 (Junior).
- 2021 (Sophomore). Played in one game, recording one solo tackle, one assisted tackle, and 0.5 tackle for loss.
- 2020 (COVID). Did not play
- 2019 (Redshirt). Did not play, redshirt year.
- 2017-18 (LDS Missionary). Served a mission to Guam, Micronesia.
- 2016 (freshman). Played in five games and recorded no stats.
High School. Pilimai prepped at Beckman and Tustin high schools (Tustin, California), where he played quarterback, outside linebacker, and kick returner. As a sophomore (2013) he completed 44-of-94 passes for 544 yards and four touchdowns (to eight interceptions). He also rushed 41 times for 96 yards and two scores (MaxPreps). As a junior he went 90-for-164 passing for 1216 yards and 11 touchdowns. He also had 80 carries for 417 yards and seven more scores. Pilimai was named All-League and All-CIF first-team and graduated with a 4.0 GPA.
Recruitment. Pilimai was rated 3-stars by 247Sports (0.8405), and held scholarship offers from: BYU, Oregon State, Utah, Utah State, and Washington State. He committed to BYU on February 3, 2016.
Social Media. Follow and support Pilimai on Twitter at @painkilla6, on Instagram at @alema_pilimai, and on LinkedIn.
Resources: 247 Recruiting Profile, MaxPreps Stats