Alden Tofa is a 6-foot-4 272-pound defensive lineman for Brigham Young University, recruited as part of the Class of 2017.
BYU summary: In five seasons at BYU (roster years 2017-2021), Tofa has played in 35 games and has recorded 23 tackles (seven solo), with one fumble recovery, 2.5 tackles for loss, and three sacks (BYUcougars.com).
- 2022 (Senior).
- 2021 (Junior). Played in seven games, recorded seven tackles (two solo), one tackle for loss, and three sacks.
- 2020 (COVID Junior). Played in 10 games, recorded eight tackles (three solo), 0.5 tackle for loss
- 2019 (Sophomore). Played in 10 games, recorded four tackles (one solo), one tackle for loss
- 2018 (Freshman). Played in eight games, recorded four tackles (one solo), one fumble recovery, one tackle
- 2017 (Redshirt). Member of the scout team.
High School. Tofa prepped at West Jordan High School (West Jordan, Utah), where he played on varsity all four years and had 161 career tackles (MaxPreps). He was a Region 3 First-Team honoree and the defensive MVP, played in the Polynesian Bowl, and also played on the West Jordan rugby team.
Recruitment. Tofa was rated 3-stars by 247Sports (0.8630), who rated him the no. 9 overall prospect from Utah in the Class of 2017. He held scholarship offers from Arizona, BYU, Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, UCLA, UNLV, Utah, Utah State, Vanderbilt, and Washington State, with recruiting interest from Arizona State, Notre Dame, and Virginia. Tofa committed to BYU on February 2, 2017 and enrolled June 30, 2017.